Sunday, January 31, 2010

Page Optimization

I'm always adding new content to the web site [Engineering Buses], either by inserting additional content to existing pages or just by adding new pages. So far this year 10 new pages have been added to the site, I don't track content enhancement. However I can tell how many pages have been updated, either from SEO practices or content additions, from the modified date on the PC I can tell how many pages have changed..
Jan; 327 page updates.
Dec; 328 page updates.
Nov; 389 page updates.
Oct; 296 page updates.
And so on, like I said I can't tell why a page was updated. However I could say that a page either received an embedded enhancement to help the search engines or had additional content added, and maybe an SEO change. Normally when I fix a page for optimization reasons it just means I added 'alt' or 'title' tags to links or gif files already present on the page.

I also add graphic or pic files all the time. Currently my PC indicates over 1,600 pic file [in a few different formats, gif, jpg..], however some may not be used but still reside on my PC. Maybe 1,500 different pic files and over 1,851 html files ~ both growing all the time.

So this month will have the highest number of visitors ever, not even counting today [numbers aren't in yet]. Here are the best 5 months [Number of Visits];
Jan 2010: 234,085
Oct 2009: 223,689
Nov 2009: 223,327
Mar 2009: 220,620
Jan 2008: 217,694
Graphic; Google Crawl Stats, last three months. At an average of 519 pages crawled a day, you would think that Google would find the 300 odd pages that are up-dated each month.

3 comments:

Leroy said...

1/31/2010 There were 28 page updates just today

Leroy said...

3/5/2010 I just checked and only 195 pages were updated in Feb. or half the normal number. However there have already been 86 pages updated so far this month.

Many times it seems the same pages keep getting updated, but I need to get the trend back up.

Looks to be 5 new pages added last month and two so far this month.

Leroy said...

3/27/2010 Also refer to the posting on 3/27/2010 about crawl rate:

http://interfacebus.blogspot.com/2010/03/site-has-been-assigned-special-crawl.html

Post a Comment