Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blu-ray disk player recomendation

I think it's finally time to purchase a Blu-ray disk player. Not really sure why I've been waiting so long. Of course when the players first came out they were over priced, but that was a while ago.

Some time later I heard that Blu-ray players took forever to boot the movie up, which stopped me from making any purchased. Now I see that they want to increase Blu-ray disk storage space from 25GB to 33.4GB. However it appears that any Blu-ray player would require a firmware upgrade. I also see that by next year there will be 3D Blu-ray players, which also tells me that I would also need a 3D TV [what ever that is] and 3D movies. The 3D Bluray specification was released in December 2009.

I assume I want a Bluray player that plays a number of formats
~ BD Live; Netflix-ready; Pandora-ready; Blockbuster-ready; plays BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW discs

Interfaces Required
HDMI,
DVI,
USB,
Component Video,
Ethernet, for the Internet.
Not that I would ever use one but;
Internet Connect-able.

Interfaces not required
S-Video, the interface is outdated.
Firewire, not realy used by any one.

Now it my seem a bit odd but I would also like to stay with Sony. A lot of my gear is already Sony, so it kind of makes it easy getting the remote to work. Plus my remote is a Sony Remote Commander [RM-AV3000]. Now the remote is a little dated now, but I see no reason to get a new remote, as I already have a dozen other remotes that of course I don't use.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

5/22/10 Oh the TV used in the office along with the Sony Blueray player is a Westinghouse HDTV and not a Sony.

Post a Comment