Monday, February 01, 2010

Why was my Page De-Listed

I pulled up one of my To-Do lists, sort of; add these companies to these pages [last accessed 2006].
I don't make To-Do lists any more, a few years ago I just started putting the data in an email and saving it as a draft. But I'm not blogging about the amount of data I have sitting around waiting to be added.

I checked one of the companies listed to see if it had already been added to the web site, on-site Google search indicated it had not. So I navigated to the 'manufacturers listing' to add the new company. Well guess what, the listing was there [Component Manufacturers]. So I see that the page has no Page Rank, but I can also conclude that the page will not show in Google search results [which is worse]. Although the page does exist and provides site visitors with data about the companies residing on that page, off-site users will never find the information because it will not come up in a search.
As with all pages in the Manufacturers Listing, the page has been on the web for many years. I don't understand why I can't get them listed. I do have pages pointing to them and they do get updated every now and then. I even have those pages listed in the Engineering Site-Map, but because Google uses 'no-follow' on Google Sites the link does me no good.

Although it might defeat the purpose of the page, I guess I could find some kind of text to add to the pages.
Other wise I have no way to protect the page from the computer algorithm deciding to list it or not.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

2/2/2010 Seems like there were more than a few bad link in that to-to list.

Post a Comment