Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pageview Counter Data

I happened to be updating the Antenna Tracking System pages.
So I opened up the Pageviews from Google Analytics filtered by 'antenna-tracking'. The first thing I noticed was that those few related pages don't receive many pageviews, maybe 10/day at best. The first recorded page-view received was on September 7 2007. Now that date occurs before I started the Engineering Page Additions blog, so I checked to see if any of the pages were ever mentioned. A few of the pages were listed in regards to a new page addition on Waveguides [post], back in 01/01/09.

So the point is why are these several pages not getting any pageviews and why are the pageviews flat [and low] over the last few years. Just by adding the links below I see one problem, as a few of the pages only have one manufacturer.
Antenna Tracking Systems; Main section page.
.... Antenna Towers;
....  RF Amplifiers; High Power Amps.
.... Antenna Controllers; Positioning Gear.
.... Light Antenna Pedestals
.... Medium Antenna Pedestals;
.... Heavy Duty Antenna Pedestals;  
...... Waveguides; .
The first thing I did was update a few of the pages, by adding new manufacturers. However I could not up-date all the pages because I could not find many companies making antenna pedestals. Companies want to produce systems, not just pedestals.

The second thing was to add the page addresses in this blog posting. I'm not saying that so many people read this blog that the page views will increase. But that Google will see an external link and may give the page more importance.

Oh, and by up-dating the page I showed Google that the pages are 'fresh'. You may have noticed when doing a search that Google postings show the date [listed on the page] that it was last updated. That fact tells me that Google is looking at this date, and may be taking note of the date.

So I added the pages in 2007, blogged about some of them in 2009, and now re-listed them in 2010 and corrected a number of short comings. I even added two more page to page links on the site.

Graphic; a Servo control unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment