Thursday, January 07, 2010

Webalizer Stats

It may be over a year now, but I finally pulled up the report by Webalizer today. Webalizer is a server side stats counter that just gathers data about how many times a web page is viewed. It's ok for a counter but I like AWSTATS better. AWSTATS is also a server side counter, but I have both set up and running.

Some of the visit data shown in these posts is from AWSTATS, but most of the graphics are from Google Analytics [which does not reside on the server]. Oh non of the three counters agree, they all differ by a few percentage.

What I wanted to do is post the visits per hour for the web page [from Webalizer]. The site is an 'engineering portal' type site for electrical engineers.
The odd thing I see in the data is that most of the visits occur around 8am, while I would think that most of the visits should occur later in the day when the entire country is awake. Most of the page visits to the website are from the US, so why wouldn't most of the traffic occur after 1pm?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment