Wednesday, October 28, 2009

OpenOffice Suite


I downloaded the latest version of OpenOffice last night; the current version was 3.01 and now the new version is 3.1.1. I also noted that a newer version is due out in December and I saw a mention of the Ubuntu operating system and that it will also ship with a version of OpenOffice. Recall that I just requested a free Ubuntu CD which should be arriving in a month or so.

Some of the charts used in this blog are generated by OpenOffice; as in Web Visits and Seasonal Fluctuations.

BTW; OpenOffice is free and has been downloaded over 200,000 times a day and well over 3,000,000 times this year. I stopped using MS Office for home use a few years ago, I think I had the XP version.

Other free Office packages.
Graphic; B-2 Spirit bomber aircraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment