Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WebSite Server Issues


So the server that hosts interfacebus.com went down today for about an hour. It wouldn't be the first time the server went off line, but it seems like it has been awhile but then again I don't track it.

I was trying to use the website when it crashed, but I found something else to do, but what really gets me is the loss of hits or visits I'll see for today. You can't tell from the graph but when it went off-line at 10am which stopped incoming traffic during the highest performing hour of the day, and it was down for more than an hour.

Whatever, yesterday had 8,997 visitors which is just slightly less than last Tuesday with 9,042. From the chart, Wednesday normally pulls in the most visitors during week, so I was expecting today to exceed yesterdays numbers and pull in more than last week which was the best day of the year. Oh, click the graphic for a larger view.

So, I'll see what the numbers are sometime early tomorrow, but I'm already waiting for next weeks numbers?
Text from my server; We guarantee that all of our servers will exceed 99.9% Up-time.

2 comments:

Leroy said...

10/22 As I figured that data coming in for 10/21 is hundreds lower then they should have been. The number of visits were only 8,608.

Leroy said...

10/23 Of course Thursday came in with 8,944 visits, another big day. So Wednesday would have put the site in the mid 9,000's.

Post a Comment