Saturday, November 19, 2005

Web Site Update

Not much going on today. I did up-date a few web pages.

I spent a lot of time looking at Motherboards and cases. I may just build my own PC next time. I was looking at a PC chassis from Lian LI which looked pretty cool. Their PC cases are all aluminum. A motherboard from Abit looked promising.

Today was the first I had heard of Lian Li. I added the link to the PC Case Manufacturers page.

Assuming I build my own PC, the case will be aluminum and either a mid or full tower. This is the number of 5 1/4 Bays I need: {kind of says full tower}
One 5 1/4 bay for a DVD
One 5 1/4 bay for a CD
One 5 1/4 bay for the Sound card panel
Two 5 1/4 bay for a pair of hard drives [Raid]
One 5 1/4 bay for a back-up hard disk drive

I hate the idea of a front door on the case ~ so I tend to click away when a case has a front door.

The Abit mother board was the AN8-SLI;
2 PCI Express x16 slots
2 PCI Express 1x slots
2 PCI slots
4 x SATA II
4x Slots DDR 400 {PC 3200}
Socket 939

Cost:
$202 Mother Board [AN8-SLI]
$787 Processor [4800 Dual Core]
$170 Memory [2x 1GB DDR DIMMs]
$200 Case [estimate]
$1359 Total

No comments:

Post a Comment