Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mother Board I/O Panel


Mother Board I/O Posted by Picasa


The back panel I/O for Mother boards is changing, the older 9-pin D-sub EIA-232 serial interface and 25-pin D-sub IEEE-1284 parallel interface are being removed in favor of more USB connectors. The 15-pin VGA connector is losing out to the new DVI connector. Fans are replacing the D-Sub connectors in the gif above.

Previous post here interfacebus: Motherboard I/O.

The question is who provides the chassis cut-out emi panel, I assume the Back Plane manufacturer. The chassis manufacturer provides a cut-out as defined by one of the chassis/Motherboard specifications. The BTX cutout is 1.553: x 6.675", while the ATX and Micro-ATX cut-out is 6.250 x 1.750" ~ the Motherboard most provide the emi panel based on the connector layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment