Sunday, November 27, 2005

MotherBoard I/O Update


New I/O Panel Format Posted by Picasa


I went to the web and looked at different Mother Boards and their I/O formats.

One style looks normal but has no VGA connector. Another board removes the 25-pin parallel port and 15-pin VGA port. Another style removes the VGA port, the parallel and 9-pin serial port as well and replaces them with small fans. The style with out the ports also does not have any audio ports, but instead comes with a separate I/O card-panel with the audio ports. This small audio card is then installed in a AUDIOMAX slot.

The space freed up by removing the three connectors now has an OTES [Outside Thermal Exhaust System] port which appears as a heat sink, two small fans and a heat pipe running to the motherboard chipset.

All the motherboards do ship with the correct I/O panel cut-out to install on to the chassis.

Refer to this post for chassis aperture sizes; mother-board-io-panel


Mother Board I/O Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment