Tuesday, November 29, 2005

External Hard Disk Drive


Maxtor External Hard Drive Posted by Picasa

I got a new external Hard drive today. The Maxtor OneTouch II. The drive looks real nice, but the base that ships with it doesn't fit on my PC very well, so I just placed the drive on it's side. I'll add some sticky feet to the base this week-end so it won't slip off my PC case ~ which has a rounded top.

The hard drive uses the USB interface to connect to the PC. The data sheet indicates a sustained transfer rate of 34 MB/sec, and a bus transfer rate of 480Mb/sec.

The drive has 100GB of space with an 8MB cache size and spins at 7200 rpm with a 9mS seek time.

Best of all, the included software has an auto back-up option which I have been missing for a while on my system. Although I do try to back-up often, this software will insure that I always have a saved version of my site.

I took the fast approach and just set it up to auto-save my web page changes. I took that approach because I really wanted to use my computer tonight. However, over the coming week I'll set it up to just dup every thing I need to recover a system crash.

This page provides more details on my computer system; interfacebus: Desk Top PC

1 comment:

Leroy said...

Correction as of 3/08 this link points to the current PC I'm using;
http://serial-phy-interfaces.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment