Thursday, November 24, 2005

Orphan Page Update

I up-dated a number of orphan pages today. Pages that have had a web name change to better identify the web page. The old page address is still out there but with a link / notice to the new page name, but it should no longer have a link from the web site. How ever; it takes awhile to find all the links on all the pages of the web site.

I dislike changing page addresses, but some of the early names really did not indicate what the page was about.

I don't delete the old page address, I provide a link to the new page, and I just added a Google search bar to many of them, in most cases I delete the content to save bandwidth.

From: ----
To: COTS_Board_Manufacturers.html

From: ---
To: Computer_UPS_Manufacturers.html

From: ---
To: Fan_Manufacturers.html

From: ---
To: Mother_Board_Manufacturers.html

From: ---
To: Computer_Manufacturers.html

From: ---
To: Equipment_Chassis_Manufacturers.html

On a side-note the web site hits are up to 1,021,281 hits this year.. or 98,246 this month.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

Some of those old page addresses are not getting any traffic over 2006/2007. One appears to be redirected.

The old Motherboard page address received 27,027 page views ~ looks like one of my pages still links to it and an external pages does as well

Post a Comment