Sunday, May 09, 2010

Page Optimization SEO

Just to follow up with the last posting regarding click-through rates from Google searches ~ I did look at a few of the Google search queries and worked on those related pages. Now I did not update the pages just to optimize them for the search engine. I used the list or my page in question and reviewed the web page to see if any additional work or data could be added to the page.

So in fact I did optimize several pages for the search engine, but only because I added more text to the page. I really just addressed page issues, if the page didn't require any work I left it alone. So I guess it was a good tool to use to find pages that need work. Well there are always many pages that need work, or maybe more detail, but there are always trade offs between what pages get up-dated.

Every Query in the list has a little star which I can high-lite so I'll know which keyword or query I've already worked. Of course there are a few thousand search terms in the list so it might take a little bit of time to work the entire list ~ like I'm going to do that.

Like any page up-date I make, I won't see any response or change in the page visits until the page gets spidered by GoogleBot [which could be a few weeks]. So that fact makes it hard to track page enhancements vs increased page views; as I made 14 page updates today, 30 pages yesterday and 40 pages the day before. What would I do keep a rolling list of page changes for 15 days until Google spidered them. Among other pages I updated include the 7 Segment Driver page and the 15 pin D-sub Connector page to name a few....

Oh, I added a comment to the previous post; I hadn't noticed but many of those numbers in the graph are the same [flat lines]. So the graph must be generalizing data, it's just not possible to have the same click-through rate each day.


Graphic: Iraqi T72 Tank Firing in the Desert [Soviet Designed Main Battle Tank].

No comments:

Post a Comment