Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blog Comments change

I made a change to how comments are added to a posting within this blog. Previously there was a 'Leave a Comment' line at the end of the posting. I think that text is gone now and replaced by a '# comments' which needs to be clicked on. So that text needs to be clicked, regardless of the number of current comments, it may say 0 comments. Now this only holds true if your on the main page or some archive page. If your within the posting than you will see the comments, if any, and a comment box.

So that's what I changed, I added the Comment Box to each posting. Now the comment box is within the blog post instead of on a pop-up page. However the comments are still moderated, as they always have been. Some people don't realize the comments need my approval before they get posted, because I see identical redundant comments come in.

Most of the comments in this blog are from me, because I use the comment field to up-date the blog postings. Also, like any other blogger I get comments that say very little but have a link embedded within the comment ~ I don't post those comments. Those comments are just spammers looking for a free link. Anyway it may be a few days before the links gets moderated and posted, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment