Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Incoming Visitor Patterns by Month

At first when I saw my stats drop a bit last month I started to think my pages got re-shuffled in Google. Just because they do that ever month. I was also thinking about a few previous post relating to what Google thinks of my page loading times.

But now that I see the data for a full month, the trend appears normal. For the last five years the hits per month have been about the same for Feb and Apr [for the same year]. No they are not identical, but within a few thousand visits, the two months track each other.

Now it could be that more Engineering tasks start in March. Or maybe the jobs start in Jan but March is the month people start looking for parts and start designing the gear ~ I'm not really sure how I would ever know.

But if these trend lines continue I assume I'll see lower page visits for the next four months; although still higher than in previous years.

Taking note of a few pages added in Jan of this year
Power Line Filtering; Visits double each month [but it started at 13 visits]
Panel Mount LEDs; Visits dropped each month
Capacitor Networks; Visits going up a few hits a month
Resistor Networks; Visits are holding steady.
New page never do well the first few months any way.

Click on the graphic to the right to see Number of Visits/Month over the last five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment