Monday, August 04, 2008

Google Page Creater


It appears that Goggle is dumping their original free web pages call Google Page Creator. I don't know if it was much of a surprise. The program lacked any real tools and sort of appeared as a toy compared to what Microsoft was offering [Live Spaces]. So, the message I saw indicated that some time this year the site would close and all web pages would be moved over to their new site called Google Sites. Yea, I don't think much of their new site either.

So for the last two years I've had a few dozen web pages located out on Google Page Creator. That's two years of web history that will be lost when they decide to close down that program. Two years of gaining external web links and of course a page rank. Now any new page I start on 'Sites' begins with a page rank of zero, and no other external sites linking in.

Worse still, I was storing about 50 picture files out there that interfacebus was using with in that site. I must have that number of pages on interfacebus that linked to those pic files [to save bandwidth] that have to be updated. Which one of my pages used those pic files? Which pages linked to the html files out there?

The new site is here, but its just a blank page or so, as I'm still trying to figure out how to use 'Sites. I hate it already, but I need an external site....

1 comment:

Leroy said...

8/4/08 So about 4 am today I uploaded all the picture files stored out on Google Page Creator to Picasa, another Google program. It did not take that long to upload the file because I already had them located in one folder on my hard drive. So I logged into Picasa and had the files up-loaded.

I also discovered at the same time that I had already had three web viewable Picasa albums, which related to any graphic I had up-loaded into one of my three blogs, what's up with that?

Any way, it took almost two hours just to change out a half dozen pages ~ that's not so good. How ever; I did make a meta-tag change, and a number of java script changes

Post a Comment