Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Web Pages Updates and Graphics


Following last weeks running of Xenu to check for 'bad' links, many of the re-directed links have been up-dated. Remember, links that are re-directed are not broken...

During this same time graphic files from my Google Page Creator site are being moved to a new storage location. To reduce server bandwidth many picture files are stored out on Google Page Creator, and not on the interfacebus server. But, Google is closing that 'beta' program so a new storage location needs to be found. Errors can occur while up-dating the html code as the pic file addresses are up-dated. Xenu will need to be run ounce again to find any of these new errors.

The Google Page Creator site also held html pages which need to be relocated. Google has a new html generation program called Google Sites. Today I added nine new pages to Google Sites, which are copies of the old Google Page Creator program. All of the new pages added today really just hold a graphic, like the previous site, but the graphic was deleted from Page Creator in favor of a link to the new page.

I'm still not happy that instead of fixing Google Page Creator, they decided to close the sites. I started my site in 2006, that's 2 years of generating a 'page rank' and other people finding my pages and linking to me. This mentality of keeping all services as beta, for years, is BS. My pages were 'in addition' to my main site, supporting the site ~ what about those people that started an on-line bussiness using Page Creator?

Here is the new address for the new site interfacebus, hit the sitemap link on the left menu bar to see all the pages. Again, these pages only hold a graphic, and their new. No pages link to them and there are no page to page links, other than the sitemap. Any page on the main site 'interfacebus.com' will still be linking to the older site.

I've also completed a few Knols in the last few weeks, but I'm not sure how to indicate how to find them. Google seems to be .... what? I don't get it. Search "knol" on Google, then search "RS232" ~ you will then find that knol, with links to the other knols; hint [RS-232].

No comments:

Post a Comment