Wednesday, February 27, 2008

CoffeeCup HTML Editor Review

Hmm, I'm trying the free version of the CoffeeCup HTML editor and I'm not sure I like it. The CoffeeCup Editor seems to be really slow ~ I don't like slow.

I was using the free version of 1st page 2000, and yes the program came out in 2000. You go with what works, or in my case what does the job and gets the job done fast. Any how I've gotten the blue screen about 4 times with my new computer, and each time it seemed like it was because of the 1st page html editor. Note, I said it appeared as if the html editor caused it..

Yes a newer version of the html code editor came out in 2006, but when you visit the site and read the forum you quickly find that 1st page 2006 is full of bugs and the site provides no support [not my words].

I'm not buying a new html program editor with out trying it out first, so I found CoffeeCup. This program looks a lot like the other program I was using, so that's good. Free is good, but the company does offer a paid version. Before I say what the issues are, I need to say that this is only the second day using the new program.

The program issues, or what I do not like about Coffeecup;
1: I can not move the last modified date [column] next to the file name [column]
2: The 'Name' column defaults to the CoffeeCup folder and does not remember "my" folder
3: The 'Name' column re-cycles to the start of folder any time I save a file, changing position
4: Any time I save a file, I get the hour glass ~ we're done.

Just for the record I only use an HTML editor to view text. The program displays commands or text in different colors, and or high-lights certain types of text. Other wise I could just use a text editor, as I use no advanced commands. Many times I will select some text and hit the 'bold' button, or 'center' button to correct the text view ~ so what, I could code that myself.

Here is the link to the PC I'm using;
http://serial-phy-interfaces.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Leroy said...

I just tried out NVU and I did not like that program either. Seems like you can't view your working directory, opening a page at a time. So, I need to keep looking for a HTML program. This comment only comes from using the program for about half an hour.....

Leroy said...

Ok I just downloaded Alleycode html editor, which got four stars, I hated that software too. I didn't use it more than a few minutes.

Leroy said...

Hmm 5 minutes later now and I down loaded the PageBrezze editor ~ hate it. What is going on, I just want to see the file name next to the file date so I can sort by either.

Leroy said...

7/26/10 The current paid version of CoffeeCup HTML editor is 2010 SE, which you can get a free 30 day free trial.

The free version of CoffeeCup editor is version 9.4 which was released on July 9th 2010.

Just for the record I still use 1st Page 2000, first released ten years ago ~ again really just as a text editor.

Post a Comment