Sunday, February 17, 2008

No external Links

Other than my site map which is located out in Google page Creator, there are a number of internal pages with no external sites linking to them. I really see no difference between an external link or an internal link and I don't think the search engines care either, a link is a link.

However depending on a pages content, there are only so many pages that can cross link to similar content within my web site. So in that regard I am concerned about pages with few external links.

Here are some examples:
ATX Riser Cards.
Commercial Standard Communications Bus.
Intermediate Bus Architecture.
Interbus.
Microwire.
X-by-Wire.

There may be a few dozen other pages with only one link, but these are all bus related. Dealing with interface buses, which is what the site is geared to. I did note that many pages with few external links were new pages to the site. How ever the pages listed here are not new, they have been listed for months if not years.

The ATX Riser card only has one internal link as well.... So does the Apple RS232 bus.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

Now that I'm thinking about it there should not be pages with only one external link. At a minimum a page should have a link from my sitemap and a link from the 'what's new blog'.

Two links minimum.......

Post a Comment