Saturday, February 23, 2008

Checking Active Links


I just ran the robot spider to check all the links on my site. Things look pretty good, I had 5,985 links with only about a dozen bad links.

With a site like this one you always have to be sure the links are good and active. To many bad links and the search engines will penalize the site. So I deleted the bad links, and up-dated the pages as required.

Of course the site has hundreds of pages that do not have any external links at all ...

I did take the time to update a few pages, and I came across a few more pages that did not have a Google search bar:

Optical Transport Networks,
Gigabit Ethernet,
Ethernet in the First Mile.

All three pages are related to the Ethernet Bus. I also find that the Ethernet in the First Mile page has no page rank. Yet another page that has been out there for a year with no ranking. Granted it has no content, but give me a break here!

Any way, odds seem pretty good that no one finds a non-active link

1 comment:

Leroy said...

I just updated the Fiber To The Home [FTTH] page today also. To me FTTH and Ethernet in the First Mile are just regular Fiber or Ethernet interfaces used in a different fashion. But I added a few words to the FTTH page anyway. BTW the FTTH has no page rank, but has been on the web for a year??

Post a Comment