Wednesday, November 28, 2007

XML Site Map


I noticed over the last month of adding pages [about 28 new pages] that Google has not cached any of them. Normally I except a month delay without up-loading a site-map, but I'd been adding those new pages to the"what new blog" ~ blogger, run by Google.

Hmm, Google should be out there spidering those pages as I up-date them, not sure why they are not showing up.

I also noticed that GSiteCrawler reports the same number of links as last month [Nov 8]. Not sure what the crap it's checking ~ I hit the re-crawl button. This will be a hit on the server bandwidth. The program now reports a 239K file instead of a 236k file, like before. Also 1603 URL's now instead of 1563 URL's ~ you always have to run it twice, or the program stats aren't updated? It forced me to run the program a second time ......

Althought you can find all the new pages by a product search, by going deeper into the icon tree, they do not show up in a search. Of course the internal site search and external Google search are the same. So even if you perform a local site search, the page will not show up until Google has spidered the page ~ that's not so good.

Google now reports that 1603 URL's have been submitted via the xml sitemap

1 comment:

Leroy said...

4/5/08 Doing an advanced search on Google shows 1,410 pages index by that search engine. I assume those pages being reported are in the main index..

Post a Comment