Thursday, May 25, 2006

WRT300 IEEE-802n Review

I went out again to see what people were saying about the new wireless-n spec devices

Now I see that some hardware chip manufaturers have issues with producing chip-sets to the draft standard, which really is very different then the 'just up-load new firmware' posts I've seen in the past.

Also that the IEEE.80211n specification is sensitive to environmental conditions which may explain the other negative posting I've have seen.

More over that the IEEE-80211n standard may interfere with IEEE-802.11g wireless networks ~ which I want to keep.

I only want to up-grade my wireless hub to IEEE-802.11n, keeping the rest of my system as IEEE-802g until I get a few dollars out of it 'g' devices.

So, again no wireless-n up-grade tonight. interfacebus: Linksys WRT300n Review

No comments:

Post a Comment