Monday, May 01, 2006

On-Board Video

So I popped the cover on the HP Pavilion m7470n PC and it does not have a video card. The store doc indicated that there was one 16x PCIe slot and it was occupied [by the video card], but the slot is empty, and I see the ATI ASIC on the Motherboard. That's the reason for the VGA connector up near the I/O connectors. Also the reason for the video memory indicated as shared ~ meaning that there is no video memory, it shares the main memory.

This was the highest price computer the store had in stock. I don't mind having to buy a video card, but now I have to worry about fit issues.

There are no spare slots for another hard drive, but they do provide for a bottom mounted HD to the bottom of the chassis. SATA connector is there, providing a slot for my 10,000 rpm drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment