Wednesday, May 03, 2006

New Wireless Card




Now that my Alienware computer is my secondary system, I added a Wireless card to it to allow the computer access to the network.

I added a PCI Adapter; Wireless G card [with SRX]. SRX is the Speed/Range eXpansion providing upto 8x faster, and 3x farther coverage. Sounds about right, as the computer sees 5 other wireless networks outside my house ~ which it did not see before.

Of course with all other Linksys products I have it does not work out of the box. I loaded the CD/Software as per instruction, then the hardware after a power down/up. But the CD never auto ran at start-up, and it will not let me back in with out reloading the driver again....

The PCI expansion card is the Linksys WMP54GX which is compatible with Wireless-B 802-11b, and Wireless-G 802.11-G; 2.4GHz

Of course this is some of the equipment used to generate the interfacebus.com web site. interfacebus is a trade mark of interfacebus.com

2 comments:

Leroy said...

Ok I deleted the driver and reinstalled [without the driver?] and it works now.

Normally it will not work on the next power up, I'll wait and see.

BTW, all in-coming air vents on the Alienware PC were 100% filled with dust

Anonymous said...

I also have a HP7470n. I getting ready to buy a GeForce 7600gt video card. Did you have any problems installing your video card? -chuckles

Post a Comment