Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wireless Repeater Up-date

I was not to surprised to find that my laptop did not find my network tonight when I turned it on. Windows found a connection but the Linksys PC card did not?

So, as normal the notebook computer did not see the Linksys wireless router, and it did not see the Linksys wireless extender either.

I have to wonder what the actual range of this gear is [measured in inches], or if one wall really makes so much difference, if I have a set-up issue that disappears when I re-boot my computers, or if I still have a mis-match in my config file. ~ it did seem to be talking last night.

The Linksys [Cisco Systems] wireless gear used in the system is:

Wireless Broadband Router BEFW11S4 (Wireless-B)
Wireless Notebook Adapter WPC54GS (Wireless-G)
Wireless Range Expander WRE54G (Wireless-G) ~ not working
Wireless PrintServer WPS54G (Wireless-G) ~ not working

Of course running interfacebus.com leaves me little time to spend trying to get this stuff to work ~ yet another week-end project.

I really don't want to call the help line again, but I may have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment