Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Types of USB Devices

I took a look at some USB devices I was kind of supprised to find so many different options in a USB interface. USB stands for Universal Serial Bus. Here some different USB functions:

USB Docking Station {brings a USB port to your desk top}
USB Hub {finger stick or via a cable ~ brings Hub to desktop}
USB Card Reader
USB Flash Drive
USB Floppy Drives [External FDD]
USB WebCam
USB Speaker
USB IrDA Adapter
USB Bluetooth Adapter
USB 802.11 Adapter [WiFi]
USB Audio Interface
USB Mice / Keyboard
USB Gadgets: Heated Slippers, Gloves, Beverage Chiller

I don't think I would allow my computer to be over-heated by allowing heated gloves to draw power from my computer via the USB interface.

Manufacturers of computer gear can be found on this page: Computers and Peripheral Manufacturers.

When I wrote, years ago, it seemed odd to see some of these devices but not in 2011
.

No comments:

Post a Comment