Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cost of running a Web Site


Web Site Cost Posted by Picasa


I ran some numbers last night trying to figure the amount of money it costs to run this web site.

I always have a fairly new computer, and these numbers include the cost of the Alienware PC I purchased in March of last year. However; all though I do try and get a high-end PC, I do not buy Gamer PC's ~ i.e. dual $400 video cards. I try and put the money into a higher speed processor instead.

Any how, the numbers indicate that I spent $3546.52 on computer related products last year [2005]. That number does not include the new Laptop computer I purchased last year because I have yet to find the receipt. So, over $4000 to type on a keyboard.

In fact if I had not up-graded my hosting contract the figure would be much greater. The cost to host the web site now, compared to early last year is reduced by a factor of 10 ~ as I was being fined each month for going over my bandwidth.

The Personal Computer data is here; interfacebus: Desk Top PC.

Of course the web site I run is http://www.interfacebus.com interfacebus

No comments:

Post a Comment