Monday, February 06, 2006

Un-interruptible Power Supply


UPS Posted by Picasa


This is the UPS I used with my system. The UPS is produced by APC, and the model number is XS800-BLK. The UPS can support 540 watts / 800VA. The unit has 7 AC output connections, all AC outputs are NEMA 5-15R style connectors. Three of the outputs are surge protected only, while the other four have battery backup protection.

The unit also has two 10/100 Ethernet ports, and two phone ports which are protected.

The specification indicates a total backup time of 17 minutes at half load and 5 minutes at full load. I turn the system off with in a minute when I lose power for more then a brown-out.

The system has worked well for two years now. I'm thinking about up-grading.

Power Connector Manufacturers

1 comment:

Leroy said...

10-14-2010; Note the battery went bad on this about two years ago and its been sitting in my garage for that long. One of these days I'll take it to the dump. My neighborhood has underground power so I really never have any AC power issues, which is why I never replaced the UPS.

Post a Comment