Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wireless Extender Working

It seems like the wireless network extender is now working. My laptop computer sees to separate wireless links in my house, both with my net name. So the site survey window show two separate wireless nets each with a different signal strength, and they each vary to a different degree as I move around the house.

Now the GUI does have a connect switch, so I have to wonder if I need to connect to the stronger station, or the network will connect me. That's my next test of the LinkSys Wireless Extender; WRE54G

I also wonder if the Wireless-B router [BEFW11S4] is the reason for the slow connect time. It does seem like it takes awhile for the computers to see each other. Maybe I need a Wireless-G router.

Use the faq link on http://www.interfacebus.com to surf to the operational computer page ~ listing all the gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment