Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Credit Card Problems

So what else is new.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday, ... your credit card information has been compromised ~ by a third party .....
Your account has been closed and we will issue you a new account number.

Well not really, I can still use the card for two weeks, but when I called the 'phone computer' it didn't recognize me as a valid account [canceled ?]. When the card company did answer the phone they gave me an account number I don't have [which would be the new one?].  I had to explain that I wanted to talk about a particular account number, which I assume was not the top message on his computer.

So we went around a bit, I wanted to know who compromised my account, and he kept telling me he was protecting me by giving me a new account number.
Ok, who compromised my account?
Well we can't give out that information, have I answered all of your questions?
No! who compromised my account? You just started a new account which will lower my credit rating, who caused that?
Well we do that for a number of reasons; fraud, mis-charging  ...... [who cares].
What ever, every time I stopped talking I got the canned speak about 'suspicious transactions' [or what ever he said].

Two minutes into the conversation I could tell that the guy was 20, but I gave him a few chances to answer my question. Of course he doesn't care if he answers my question or not as long as I answer yes to his question ~ that he answered all my questions [he asked me three times].

After a couple of minutes I gave up and told him I'd call back. I'll bet they have to tell me who accessed my account information, but I have not yet looked it up on the internet. Somebody just dinged my credit score by 30 points [guess] by making the credit card company open a new account.

At least I have a topic to blog about! It's been a week with out a posting.

Ya know they could cancel and reissue me a new account every week if no one is watching this type of activity by the card companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment