Sunday, November 22, 2009

Google Page Ranking


Not really sure how many other times I've posted about Page Ranking issues, but I'm always amazed when I come across one of my pages with a zero page ranking. Now sometimes a page does regain a page rank, I just rechecked two links from the Aug posting.
However in other cases the ranking remains at zero. From the April posting, which only related to the section on Equipment Manufacturers;  the 'Ae' Electronic Vendors listing remains at zero months later, and I'll bet it had been there long before that. Also nothing for the 'Asq' Electronic Vendors, the 'B' Equipment Vendors, 'Cm' Equipment Manufacturers, 'Dem' Manufacturers, and the 'Fm' Component Manufacturers page. I'm sure there are many others in this section with no ranking. Note [below] that the blog posting in 6/08 was basically the same posting as 4/09.

Another section that always has a lot of no-ranked pages is the Recommendations for Derating a Transistor. For example the 2N3250 Derating Guide, the 2N4150 Derating Guide, or the 2N6691 Derating Guide all are at zero and they have been on the web for over a year.

Yet another section that always has issues with ranking are the Technical Terms section. Just to list a few; 'Tr' Definitions, the 'Rec' Terms, and 'Op' Technical Terms. There are many other pages as well, these are but a few. But as the web master I have no control over how a page gets ranked.

So I updated these pages again as they required it, but there is little else I can do. The equipment manufacturers have existed for over three years, the engineering dictionary for over two years and the Derating guidelines for over a year.......

Previous Blog posting;
No Google Page Ranking. Aug 19 2009
Zero Google Page Ranl for Component Vendors. Apr 22 2009
Page Rank & Listing of Manufacturers. June 8 2008

The graphic is the site logo for interfacebus.

No comments:

Post a Comment