Monday, July 28, 2008

Cuil Search Engine


I tried out the new search engine that was released today. A few ex-employees from Google came up with cuil, which seems to still need a little work.

Like we need another search engine any way. The attached graphic is a partial list of visits from robots and spiders for the month of July. Note the server bandwidth the search robots take up. Odd that the Cuil robot did not show up in the list this month.

www.interfacebus.com does show up in the list, but does that mean that the last time the site was spidered was a month ago? And a search for interfacebus only produces a link on the 6th page.

I saw a number of compliants about their search results, and I agree with all of them.
1. The site was off-line or did not respond.
2. The graphics shown with the results do not relate to the listing
--- My site came in with a GM logo, I don't display anyones Trade Marked Logo.
3. Duplicate site listing on the same page, multi-page links from the same site
--- Like the old Yahoo search results, with page after page of the same site in the results.
4. Results returned link farms, like key word stuffing working again.

2 comments:

Leroy said...

9-7-08; I still don't see the Cuil spider hitting my site, so it must be call something odd. ~ Using AWSTATS, Robots/Spiders visitors. With 59 different robots hitting the site this month, so far.

Leroy said...

12-24-2010 Looks like cuil stopped operation on Sept 2010, I never missed it ~ plus I've never used it except for this blog post to check it out.

Post a Comment