Wednesday, January 30, 2008

National Do Not Call Registry


I've made my first complaint to the FCC for a company calling my home phone. TruGreen called tonight at 8:15, saying they saw the condition of my lawn and left some papers in the front door. I tried to explain that they were not allowed to call me, but I got the standard response ~ I just work here, never heard of the 'Do Not Call list', but I will add you to our don't call list. That's fine, I said, and I'll add you to the FCC's list too.

It's the same response I've gotten for the previous two calls from two other companies. Well I guess three unwanted calls is my limit. One earlier caller indicated that she just dialed my number, after I told her she was not allowed to call. err, if she could dial my number than she is allowed to call me. I should have reported her too.

To sign up just go out to the National Do Not Call Registry web site and add your phone number and an e-mail address. It that easy to file a complaint as well. I think I'll make a point to just get the company name and number and up-load it to the FCC.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

Just added State Wide Mortgage to the list, after an automated call with a return number of 1-800-380-2730

Post a Comment