Wednesday, January 09, 2008

General Page Up-dates

I think I've blogged about part of this before, but I'm in the middle of a general web site update. I can only track a few changes at a time with out lossing my copy/paste funtion and the up-date taking much longer.

So the three major changes that are going on from about Dec 15, is;

1. Changing the Google search bar so the search function defaults to search from interfacebus.com first. Also the new search page contains a banner for interfacebus that is view-able, while the older one was not. I noticed a few months ago that a buddy of mine did not realize he was searching the web or my page because the page was to busy. So it's better to start the search from interfacebus, and I display a banner.

2. Some pages have to many html comments. These comments are un-seen, but they effect the down-load so they are being deleted, maybe about 1/5 of the site pages. Again, the code comments are not displayed on the site, it's a down-load issue

3. I also up-date the copy right date, not that it matters

4. I don't touch pages that need a content up-date, I'll made those changes later ~ when I have content to add.

5. There was one other change I was making, but I'll stop making that upgrade. Within the manufacturing pages, I was moving the 'all links' index for a letter to a 'next page link' at the bottom of each page. Well I have three Complaints so far, that don't like that, I'll stop doing that

1 comment:

Leroy said...

I just did a copy and paste of one of the page updates just made and I noticed something. I was working a page that had html comments that I deleted and than I added the new search bar.

But when I saw the message 'do you really want to over write this page', I noticed that the new file was 0.1kB larger than the original file, that just had the comments deleted!

That tells me that all the pages that are getting the html comments deleted are not getting smaller, but getting larger because the search bar is larger.... Hmm that's why the kBytes per visits is staying about the same....

Post a Comment