Sunday, January 06, 2008

Google Search Bar Usage


The Google AnSense report for the last year is showing a pretty good increase in the number of people using the Google Search bar on interfacebus.com. Over the last few months I've been adding the search bar to more and more pages. I may have a few hundred pages to add the bar to, but I'm not really sure. The search bar must be on at least a 1,000 pages by now.

I can't post the revenue because I have not received payment for December yet. However the earnings have been increasing as well. Of course, I still have low earning days but the trend is increasing.

The added benefit; visitors to the site can perform a site search regardless of the landing page. In addition to adding the bar to new pages, I've also been changing the bar on existing pages so the search defaults to the site and not the web.

If you are an AdSense user I highly recommend adding the search bar for those very reasons: you make money and you assist your traffic find what they are searching for.

The amount of money I make via searches is [very] small compared to what the site generates from running ads ~ that chart includes searchs on this blog as well......

2 comments:

Leroy said...

Hmm, I just updated 15 pages in a row that did not have a search bar. Maybe that Java code is missing from more pages than I think

Leroy said...

Feb 10 2008, I see search revenue is up 5 times over what it was at the start of 2007 [not that its a lot of money]. I'm still finding pages with out a search bar

Post a Comment