Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Velocity Micro Desktop Computer


Order a new computer today from Bestbuy. The Velocity Micro - ProMagix Q6600. The Q6600 contains a quad core Intel processor, an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS graphic card and 2GB of DDR2 memory, and or course Windows Vista.

The Quad processor is clocked at 2.4GHz, but the ad does not display which DDR2 memory [Speed Grades] is used and I didn't see the system listed on the Velocity Micro web site.

The Video card comes with 1 S-Video port, and 2 DVI-ports ~ I use dual monitors so I need both DVI interfaces.

The system has 2 Firewire interfaces and 6 USB interfaces, and a built-in media reader.

Of course the Hard Disk Drive [HDD] is Serial ATA [SATA], but it does not indicate which specification version.

Spare expansion slots include 1 PCI slot, 1 PCIe x1, and 1 PCIe x16 slot. So I can still add another video card, a digital tuner card, and a 7-to-1 digital audio card.

I purchased this system from Best Buy so I could just drive over and pick it up. However my first issue is that my order did not make it off anyones desk. I came home to a call saying I have to confirm the order..... what's up with that.

I never used the HP system purchased last year from Bestbuy, I didn't see any speed improvment so it just sat around and collected dust ~ until I gave it away a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

3/14/08: I thing this PC is broken, cause it does not want to boot-up. I get the impression the hard drive is fried. Or maybe not, it detects the RAID array.

I see the CMOS screen pop up, but after that the screen is dark. Windows never starts to load.

Ever notice how big the uP heat sinks are these days.....

Post a Comment