Wednesday, December 05, 2007

New Computer Software updates


I booted up the new Velocity computer over the last half hour, picked it up today over lunch.
The PC seems pretty fast so far.
I stated with a Microsoft OS update patch which was 20MB.
Followed by the Mozilla Firefox browser.
Than, downloaded the Google Tool Bar for Explorer, followed by the Google Tool Bar Firefox ~ both very small programs.
Next came Open Office, a free version of an Office suite by Sun Microsystems ~ 120MB.

While that was going on, I turned on the second monitor and set each to 1280 x 1024 resolution ~ while deleting and preforming a defrag on the Alienware PC. The 'C' drive was over 50% full and heavily fragmented, while the 10,000 rpm 'J' drive was 3% full ~ I worked off the 10,000 rpm drive soon to move to this PC.

Now installing Ulead PhotoImpact 10 ~ looks like an upgrade CD, and I don't feel like loading Ulead 6.0 tonight.

Maybe I need to figure out if serial ATA 2.0 x 7,000 rpm is faster than SATA 1.0 x 10,000 rpm's anyway.

Hmm, I don't really like Ulead PhotoImpact any longer, many of the graphics are on their server and always refuse to download. You get this nice lib of pic files, but you don't have access to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment