Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Google Sites Free Web Page

V22 Osprey
I don't often blog about how my Google Sites page is doing, but as part of an end-of-year thing I'll go ahead and add a few words. I call the site interfacebus, just like the main site. Google sites is free, so I can't really have to many complaints, but it's a bit hard to organize the pages by topic.

Each sub-page has the address of the upper level pages so the URLs get pretty long. Or you really need to plan ahead when generating new pages. However I don't know what page I'm going to add at any given time. So some of the pages addresses are really long. I guess it doesn't matter if a person comes to the site via a search engine, or if their navigating the site via the site-map.

The graphic is part of a report from Google Analytics, like many of the graphs in this blog, comparing last years hits or visits to this year. This year the site has had 14,532 visits, and 20,903 pageviews, over 165 different URLs. However only 133 pages are included in Google index.

Many of the pages really just hold some large graphic that didn't fit on the main site, but in most cases there is a small amount of text. I don't add pages as often as on the other site, but much of the increase in visits is due to new pages, or maybe new pictures.
.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

By the first of this year the page views have increased to over 500 page views. By the first of February the page views past 1000 per week. Looks to be about 200 page views per day. Almost all pages are seeing an increase in views, but much of the increase seems to be due to new pages.

Of course many pages on the main site receive many more than 200 page views a day.

Post a Comment