Tuesday, January 17, 2006

New Printer / Fax / Scanner


5840 Brother Printer Posted by Picasa


I purchased a new multi-function printer today to replace the outdated HP printer I now have.

The new printer is manufactured by Brother International Corporation, the model number is 5840. This is an inkjet printer, plus it will Fax, Print, Copy, Scan, PC Fax, and PhotoCapture what ever that is.

I wanted a flat-bed scanner which the HP BJC-600 did not have. I had to hope for the best on the rolled-head scanner using the HP printer. That printer also had a IEEE-1284 interface.

Any way, the major features other the printer include either a USB Bus and/or an Ethernet Bus interface, a RJ45 33.6k fax connection, and a Digital Media Card reader.

This is a black and White [B/W] or color machine. It also has two paper trays which the HP did not.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

Hmm, I have to wonder how to scan a document ~ because the MFC4840 will not let me. that would be tonights blog 1/23/06

I also seem to remember that the return policy was ~ only for the same type unit.....

Walk away when you hear that comment.

Post a Comment