Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Digital Media Card reader

The Brother MFC-5840 Printer comes with a Digital Card Reader. The card reader contains three card slots for the following flash media [links are to interface descriptions]:

Compact Flash
SmartMedia
Memory Stick
x-D Picture Card
Secure Digital

While the main page which contains links to a number of different Flash Media types is located here

The three card slots accept a number of different flash cards. One card slot accepts a CF [Compact Flash] card [type I only]. One slot accepts either a x-D Picture Card or a SmartMedia card [3.3v only], while the final card slot takes either Memory Stick or Secure Digital cards. Using adaptors [not supplied] I can also use a miniSD and a Memory Stick Duo card.

I really do not have an application that uses any of these flash cards, but the option was provided on my PC for only $10, so I got the reader there and the printer.

So far, I would recommend the Brother MFC-5840CN multi-function printer. The printer is not shipped with an Ethernet or USB cable. The printer does ship with all four ink colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment