Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Site views and page ranking

So the numbers are in for last month. Site visits are down over the last month, but over-all page views have increased a bit. Now if the numbers follow the same yearly trend there should be an even bigger reduction in site visits next month. I think I'll wait until next month before I re-post the page visits graph, there's really no need to post the same graph every month.

After I noticed yesterday that a few more of my pages have been included into the Google Index, I figured I would try and find a few pages that are yet to be added. It didn't take to long to find a year old page with out a page rank. The links are Component page followed by the mention of the component in the 'whats new blog'.
How to Derate 2N4239 Transistor. [posted on 6/4/2009 When to Derate a Transistor]
How to Derate a 2N3743. [posted on 1/30/2009 Derate a BJT by Temperature]
How to Derate a 2N3485 Transistor. [posted on 2/12/2009 Recommendation on how to Derate a Transistor]
How to Derate a 2N4931 Transistor. [never posted in the blog].

I found these pages by looking at the report from Google Analytics, and clicking on a few pages that were getting almost no page views. None of these four pages have a Google page rank, and have only received a few page views this year. Of course re-posting their links here may not help these pages at all, but it may help them get re-spidered ~ as they were just up-dated.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

There are another 8,000 page hits that are never counted because they are 404 page not found pages, or Document Not Found pages. But they really are real pages because I produced the 404 pages.

'404' is an HTTP Status Code that defines the requested page address can not be found, but I still send out a general page that indicates that status.

Post a Comment