Thursday, September 24, 2009

Office Live and their Free Web Services


I finally logged back into my officelive account after 7 months of not checking it. I stopped logging in after Microsoft disallowed any other browser but MS Explorer from accessing the account. Of course I hadn't had any updates either, but I would have like to see the site stats regardless.

Any way Microsoft had said you would get a free web site, free hosting, and a free domain name. Now they indicate a policy change and they will no longer pay for the domain name; the interfacebus.net domain name expires April of next year.

The question is do I want this site, or is the site even making any money for interfacebus.com?
The web site really only has about a dozen pages


What I don't like about Officelive:
I can't run Google ads.
I can't login with out using MS Explorer.
The web tools aren't that great.

What I like about the web site:
It locks down the interfacebus.net domain name.
The site has a Page-Rank of 3
The site has sent 944 visitors to interfacebus.com [over 3 years]
---- Serialphy.com has only referred 247 in the last year.
---- google-pages [defunct] referred 2,597 visits over the last 3 years.
---- google sites has sent in 499 in just the last three months.
---- google knols has sent in 783 visitors in just a year and a half.
The site has been online for 3 years [06/06] and has history.
---- The incoming referred visitors view more pages and stay on the site longer
The site allows interfacebus to show up twice on a google search [cause it's a different site]

What is it just $10 a year anyway for a domain name, did I make that from those 900 visitors? It is free advertising [or was], but people posting about my web site in on-line forums sent in 37,127 visitors over the last 3 years! now that's free advertising......

The last related posting regarding interfacebus.net was 4/08 Usage Stats.

2 comments:

Leroy said...

Oh I should have mentioned that the two blogs I run have sent in 1,914 visitors just this year. Those sites are free as well, but I'm also always posting new information [pages]. The main blog has sent in 3,409 visitors over the last 3 years, but it consists of hundreds of pages, not just 12....

The blog addresses can be found on the home page of interfacebus.com

Leroy said...

3/4/10 I'm still thinking if I want this site or not. Google indicates it has sent over 1,141 people so far, looks to be about 13 new people a week?

Around 475 people in the last year came over to interfacebus.com or about 2 cents a person if I start paying for the domain name. You can't beat that price for advertising, but then again Microsoft did say they would pay for it. I just don't know.......

Post a Comment