Friday, January 30, 2009

Google Knol Awards


Seems two of the Knols I wrote have won some awards. The two Knols both won a top viewed award, and a Top Pick Knol award. I assume somebody at Google made the notation for the "award", because they don't indicate any thing other than a small medal. Or this could just be like a smiley face kind of award. If it makes the knols show up sooner in a Knol search, that would be good.

I really would like to have the knols bring in more traffic to my web site. I think I posted the first Knol back in August 2008, now I have nine Knols. The two Knols that have the traffic banner have seen thousands of page views, but have only resulted in a few hundred visits to interfacebus.com.

Incoming traffic from Google Knol is sitting at 0.03% tracked over the last several months. But the search engine brings in the most when tracking hits due to Google.

Of course writing a web page and hoping for page views or traffic is more luck than another thing else. I added a few pages on FET derating over the last month, but they are only generating a few page views a day. In fact the page views are so low for that section they could just be from me checking the page.

Page hits and visits are up for January over December and may end up higher than either October and November.

1 comment:

Leroy said...

Incoming hits from Knol are still low, just 3 or 4 a day. The bounce rate is about 50%. Or 50% of the incoming hits leave after only viewing one page of the site.

Post a Comment