Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Free Web Pages


I guess having a web page for free is great, but man these things are crap. They're just to hard to use, if you know what your doing ~ does that make any sense.

I signed up for MS Office Live [Not Recommended] back in 2006 primarily because they offered a free web page, space and a free address, for ever. I picked the site name [Address Removed], so I would lock in the *.net version of my site name. Microsoft registered the name during sign-up, and continues to make the payments each year so I hold the name. Yes, if you check WHOIS you will see that the site name is registered in my name, but I make no payments. They only offer a free address for the first year now. [UPDATE: Microsoft stop making payments in 2010, so I let the address expire.]

Any way my last update to that site was mid 2006 so I figured I add a few new links, correct some spelling issues and so on. I wish! The program would run-on all my links so they all pointed to the same page. It would append an 'http' to my link so when I copied the link from the browser I would end up with 'httphttp', which does not work.........

Guess that's why I stopped using the damn thing.

[Outdated text removed]

Free web pages at Google Sites; Engineering Data Site Map.

I've generated more pages local than I have using their system. I also use the web space to hold large graphics to off-load downloads from my server.
[Outdated text removed]

3 comments:

Leroy said...

I did end up with some time to update a few pages of my web site, even after spending all that time up-dating the .net site and a few minutes working the page creator site. So I guess I did get something done tonight. Time moves on, and it gets later and later...... Keep in mind any changes made are not found for 30 days, so you have to plan ahead.

Leroy said...

BTW; Googlepages indicate I'm using 15MB of space ~ that's a lot of graphics. Out of 100MB of free storage space.

Leroy said...

8/3/08 Google now indicates that it is no longer accepting new accounts with Google Page Creater, and current sites will move to Google Sites later this year. That hurts; it's not so bad moving the two dozen web pages, but I've got about fifty pic files out there. Their web address will be changing which means I'll have to update all the pages links to those files ~ like I know which pages link to those graphic files.

Post a Comment