Wednesday, August 22, 2007

SiteMap error


I was out looking at Google Site map yesterday.The Diagnostic tab indicated there were 20 URL's not found. Eleven of the bad URLs were new pages ~ the reason for up-loading the new sit map.

Any way, those pages all used spaces in the address. I don't use spaces in the URL, so I must have been in a hurry when I generated those page addresses. So I changed the name adding dashs in place of the spaces and re-uploaded the files, leaving the original files out on the server.

Now Google indicates I submitted 1405 URLs, while the previous up-load indicated 1359 URLs. I had generated a few new pages, but I don't recall making 40. Maybe GSiteCrawler didn't like the spaces either.

Hmm; The programs Statistics indicate:
Number of URLs listed: 1406
Number of URLs to be crawled: 1061
Number aborted: 2 [checking those errors now]

Because the crawler puts a heavy load on my server, it has to pull every page. I only run GSiteCrawler on the off-hours.

The attached pic shows incoming visits from Virginia so far this year

No comments:

Post a Comment