Sunday, April 29, 2007

Google Sitemaps



I ran Gsitemap again today and again it only reported about 938 pages. So instead of spending hours trying to figure out which pages were missing I went ahead a down loaded a new program. This new one is called GSiteCrawler. It seemed to work really good, as it found 1346 pages out there which is more than the 1206 pages I link to. GSiteCrawler did show a pop-up that it would asked Google what it showed for my site, so I assume it pulled in some orphaned pages and page redirects I have posted. The page redirects handle misspelled page addresses I see coming in from any number of forums.

Any way I will not know for sure if it worked right for a few hours or days. I also fixed a bug in my robots.txt file to correcly show the location of my sitemap to other search engines.

Wow, Google has already started reading the sitemap file, and agrees that there are 1346 submitted URLs ~ that's a good thing.

GSiteCrawler also produced a normal HTML siremap I could list on my web site, but the page address are not in alphabetic order ~ Maybe in the order they were spidered?

No comments:

Post a Comment