Friday, November 21, 2008

Google PageRank Reduced

I noticed my Google PageRank reduced from a 5 to a 4 on interfacebus.com. The site has had a PageRank of 5 for years now, although I have seen a reduction in the past. Using Google Webmaster Tools I can see which page on the site has the highest PageRank. Back in August a page other the the index page had the highest PageRank, so it does go up and down.

It could be that the Home page was just a 5.0 instead of say a 5.8 so maybe it's common for the index to slide between a four and 5, but I don't see a PageRank of 4 that often.

Why does the PageRank change; well it's recalculated each month. Some page that link to you may be off-line when the GoogleBot checks them making appear that fewer external pages are being linked in at any given time.

3 comments:

Leroy said...

1-30-09 The home page still reads as a page rank [PR] of 4. October was the last time the home-page had the highest page rank on the site...

Leroy said...

7/10/09 The Page Rank of 5 is back, but I don't know when it came back to a PR5 ~ now I can sleep at night again....

Leroy said...

1-19-11 What I never mentioned is that the PageRank as shown on the Google Tool bar is not updated all the time. In fact I think it's only updated four or five times a year. So it would be understandable for the PageRank to stay at a 4 for months, if only because the tool bar was not updated by Google.

Post a Comment