Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Google Chrome Web Broswer


Just down loaded and started using Google Chrome and already found a bug. When I try to open my MS Office Live site, Microsoft sends me to a page saying I need to use either IE or Foirfox and it provides links to down load them? Hello, I'm using Chrome.... There's a screen shot just above, click to see a larger image.


Here is a link to down load the new broswer: http://www.google.com/chrome

Each of my sites seem to render ok, I don't see any issues.

Hmm, I just made another bug report. The pages do not always open from the top, but several inches down from the top. Clicking a link to go to a new page, the new page opens half way down its page.
Yet another bug, I think. I was out editing one of my Knol's and I noticed that there were no words underlined as misspelled. There should have been many terms 'high-lighted' as misspelled because of all the acronyms used [knol]. In fact, I see a misspelled word here that is not highlighted? Guess I will report this bug too.

A few hours later I noticed that the address bar is also used a the search bar. I came to that conculsion after not being able to find the search bar and just words typing into the address bar ~ and it worked. Now I see an artical in cnn that indicates the same thing. Google calls it the Omni Box

2 comments:

Leroy said...

9/4/08 I'm now see the Chrome browser hitting the web site, but Google Analytics only shows 8 hits and only from today ~ that's odd. However no hits from Chrome show up in the AWSTATS reports. But todays hits will not show up until Friday.

Not really sure why nothing shows for Wed?

Leroy said...

9/7/08 I see Google has a new version of the browser already, 0.2.149.29

The original version was 0.2.149.27

Post a Comment