Thursday, October 18, 2007

Domain Registration


So the guy from China got back to me. They registered those domain names, "it was his duty". The company that wanted to purchase them was not mentioned in the e-mail. It appears the Server company got them, and than parked them ~ he sent in the Whois data.

It's a scam and I don't expect to hear from him again. A company wants my domain name, via a registrar, but instead the registrar purchases the names and parks the page; Hmm.

It's only a few hundred dollars to start an ICANN protest, some day when I have time I'll close these bozos down.

On the up-side ~ people see the domain generating a great many visits!

Topic update [9/23/09] As I figured I never got another email from these guys. I'm not about to check out any site with out a dot.com on the end of it, so I never went out and checked if they are using the site or just parked it. Ya know, I never touch a site that does not have a dot com or dot net. Of course I'll check out a dot org, edu or gov website...... I assume people living in those countries don't have an issue going to their own web extension, but I sure do.

Photo credit; US Military government, a B1 bomber.

No comments:

Post a Comment